Beiersdorf stands for reliable brands with high quality standards. Acting responsibly is an inherent part of our corporate culture and the basis of trust that customers, consumers and shareholders bestow upon us daily.
Accepting responsibility also means acting lawfully. Compliance – to abide to laws and internal guidelines – is a matter of course with tradition at Beiersdorf. The Executive Board of Beiersdorf AG composed these Compliance Principles to emphasize the importance of Compliance:
- Compliance means to abide to applicable laws and internal guidelines. It is the management’s responsibility to ensure Compliance and to implement and enforce the Compliance Management System.
- The trust of consumers and employees, our business partners as well as our shareholders is the basis for our success. Compliance is an indispensable foundation for this trust and our basis for sustainable growth.
- We are operating actively in a competitive environment within the scope of applicable laws.
- Violations of applicable laws will not be accepted. Employees will not be held responsible for commercial losses, which were caused by compliance with applicable laws.
- It is the liability and duty of all employees to abide by applicable laws as well as the internal guidelines.
- An effective compliance-system requires the engagement of all employees. Every employee is requested to participate in the improvement of this system.
- Transparency and documentation are key to compliance. We communicate openly and trustfully with our stakeholders.