(1912 – 2013)
Georg W. Claussen, son of Carl Claussen and his wife Martha (née Pulvermacher), was born in 1912, the grandnephew of founder Dr. Oscar Troplowitz in Hamburg. After several international trips and a commercial apprenticeship, he joined the company in 1938 – despite the doubts of his father. As of 1952, he was acting member of the board of Beiersdorf AG. Two years later, he became a full member and on June 28th, 1954, he was appointed Speaker of the Board. From 1957 to 1979, he was CEO of Beiersdorf AG, after his retirement in 1979 until 1987, he was Chairman of the Supervisory Board. From 1989, he was an Honorary Chairman.