The incumbent is responsible for the development of the Network Design processes & models using Network Optimization technologies in order to improve end to end cost, service agility, resilience & sustainability of the supply chain network of the organization.
Relevant tasks would be:
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated and quick learner with the ability to apply technical, academic and business skills to push the boundaries of supply chain optimization and simulation
- Translating business needs into a model, managing the balance between precision and accuracy to drive appropriate value creation. Model creation, ownership, continuous improvement and maintenance
- Analyze supply chain data for the design and creation of supply chain models to identify cost savings and efficiency recommendations for the business
- Developing dynamically refreshed models for use by the Network, Capacity & Resilience teams & regions for core and one-off questions. Take ownership for providing valuable insights to the teams to support E2E network optimization from different perspectives
- The “expert” in Supply Chain Design
- Data foundation creation, ownership, development and maintenance
- Agreeing data sources, approaches, cleaning and validation approaches with the business
- Maintaining data catalogue and driving move to increasing integration
- Lead the construction of new network models using Supply Chain Guru and Data Guru.
- Understand the structure and logic of existing models and proactively find opportunities to enhance them, extend them or simplify them based on business needs.
- Build and run scenarios, give interpretation to the output results and share them with the Network team and relevant business stakeholders.
- Lead and support relevant projects to develop, enhance and institutionalize the concept and process of network design, resilience modelling, sustainability modelling, etc. using network optimization technologies
- Strong interaction and communication with Supply Units, all levels of Supply Chain including Controlling, Logistics, Planning, Strategic Capacity, Master Data, Supply Chain Analytics and others.
- Analysis and preparation of adhoc requests using tools like Llamasoft, Power Bi, and Excel