Beiersdorf is known for its leading international skin care brands, including NIVEA, Eucerin, Labello, 8x4 and Hansaplast/Elastoplast. To maintain our growth we offer broad responsibilities and challenging tasks, enabling our people to raise the bar in all fields of our business - every day right from the start.
As head of data protection, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of the company’s digital transformation as you are responsible for Dataprotection. You design the data protection program for the entire Beiersdorf group of companies and are implementing it with your team in coordination with all other business units and affiliates in Germany and beyond. In addition, you are driving the international roll-out of a global data protection standard – beyond Europe’s borders.
The following will be your tasks:
- Disciplinary lead and development of a team of six data protection managers and functional lead for a Europe-wide network of data protection managers and coordinators
- Act as a promoter for a culture of data compliance across all units of the organization
- Further strategic and operational development of the data protection program, constant improvement (training, communication, consultation, monitoring)
- Strengthening of collaboration with further business units, consultation and support in implementing the data protection requirements within Europe and beyond
- With your team and in coordination with the other business units and affiliates, you will build our capability to stay on top of digital innovation and make sure that decisions regarding the use of data are made in the interest of Beiersdorf as well as our customers, consumers, employees and test subjects.
- Assessment and support for data protection relevant projects in all areas (strategies for risk minimization, actual and potential data protection related problems, correctional and continuous improvement measures)
- Periodic reporting to executive and supervisory committee and other bodies as required
- Contact person for external inquiries (incl. authorities)
- Networking with other companies on the topic and representation of Beiersdorf in bodies
- Serving in the role of Data Protection Officer for the German Beiersdorf affiliates
- Excellent degree in business administration, economics, (business)law, (business)information technology of comparable
- Multiple years of relevant working experience (min. 5 years) with data protection related topics, ideally with team-lead experience, and up to date knowledge of relevant laws and regulations, business standards, and trends in the area of data protection
- Entrepreneurial mindset with pragmatic approach (Business Partner)
- strong communication and project management skills and ability to advise all levels of the hierarchy
- Knowledge of the FMCG business model and associated data protection challenges a plus
- Intercultural competence and excellent communication skills in English, knowledge of German a plus
You are welcome to apply without a cover letter. If you would like to attach a cover letter, please upload it with your resume. We look forward to receiving your application including a compelling curriculum vitae with relevant references and certificates.
If you have any questions, please contact our recruiter Nadine Lohmann every Tuesdays between 11 and 12 am via the telephone number: +49 40 4909 4956.
- Contract Type:
- Unlimited / Full-Time
- Job Start Date:
- Country / City:
- Germany / Hamburg
- Beiersdorf AG
- Job ID: